In search of high-quality QuickBooks and bookkeeping online training?
QuickBooks Training To-Go:Time is money. Spend it wisely.
You can fit QuickBooks training into your schedule–and you don’t have to find time to attend classes. We bring the training to you with our library of bookkeeping and QuickBooks videos.
Browse our QuickBooks training video library. These videos have taught hundreds of bookkeepers and small business owners how to be smarter, more efficient bookkeepers and to use the technology available in QuickBooks.
Our QuickBooks training videos will help you:
- Learn the basics
- Brush up your skills
- Figure out how to use specialty functions
- Make the most of your bookkeeping time
- Maximize QuickBooks technology
The Accidental Bookkeeper: Part 1Who’s afraid of bookkeeping? Not you, once you learn the terminology.
What’s the difference between cash and accrual basis, anyway? And which option should you choose for your business? Answer this and many other questions in a 90-minute video that gives you a ‘101’ look at QuickBooks.
- Conquer the chart of accounts. Learn the lingo and gain insight that’s key to your QuickBooks success. This video will help you develop a clear understanding of bookkeeping terminology, along with key functions and why they are important for your business.
- Learn tips, tricks and traps when working with your chart of accounts.
- Debit or credit? (And, who cares?) You do. Check out our handy chart for remembering what happens when you debit or credit an account.
The Accidental Bookkeeper: Part 2These transactions trip up the best bookkeepers. Watch, learn…and avoid these mistakes.
Master tricky QuickBooks transactions that commonly stump business owners and bookkeepers. You’ll learn why you must reconcile, 5 internal controls musts, and why your accountant deserves a special spot in your chart of accounts. Plus, we’ll talk about:
- How to manage personal expenses paid by the business—and business expenses paid personally by the owner.
- What to do when owners take spending money from the business checking account
- How owners can deposit personal money into the business
- How to treat checks from people who aren’t customers
- NSF checks
- How to write off customer balances
- Dealing with retainers and deposits
- What to do about petty cash
- Is bartering a good idea?
The Accidental Bookkeeper: Part 3Improve your financial results through better reporting.
What reports should you print, and when? What does your accountant need? What’s a cash flow report anyway? We’ll answer these questions and more in this 90-minute training video. You’ll also get pointers on:
- A critical mistake business make with their profit-and-loss report
- Why the balance sheet report exists…and what the numbers mean to you
- What your accounts receivable (A/R) report is really telling you
Handling Customer Deposits and PrepaymentsCongratulations, you got paid. Now what?
Seems like getting paid should be a simple transaction. But that’s not always the case when handling deposits and related prepayments from customers. This 90-minute training video walks you through common scenarios. Plus, you can stop and replay the video at any point.
- Convert a quote to an order—and learn how this impacts your accounting.
- Check out our sample customer order with detailed screenshots and narration. (The example features two deposits/prepayments before shipment.)
- Learn how each step in the process impacts your accounting reports, including the balance sheet and profit-and-loss statement.
- It’s shipping time. We’ll help you understand how to handle the final invoice so sales figures are correct.
- Don’t miss a detail. Generate accurate, helpful customer reports.
How to Handle Vendor Prepayments and DepositsFrom purchase order set-up to generating helpful tracking reports, this video walks you through the steps of managing vendor deposits and prepayments.
Beyond the purchase order, you’ll learn how each step in the deposit and prepayment process affects your accounting reports. The beauty of learning this by video is you can stop, rewind, replay and review the details on your own time. (Your CPA will thank you for it when you handle prepayments correctly.)
- Learn to set up purchase orders and related payments in advance.
- Check out a sample vendor order with multiple pre-shipment payments—we provide detailed screenshots and a narrative.
- Find out how vendor prepaids impact your balance sheet and profit-and-loss statement.
- Get accurate inventory figures. Learn to handle the final vendor bill and take care of deposits/prepayments.
Customizing Reports in QuickBooks…Get comfortable with creating and customizing QuickBooks reports.
What’s the difference between cash and accrual reporting? How do you change fonts, colors and other presentation options? And what about exporting QuickBooks reports into Excel? We’ll show you how to master these concepts and more in this 70-minute online training video.
- Customize financial reports and learn to use the filters option to add more detail.
- Learn to re-sort columns within reports and execute other presentation options.
- Create and manage memorized reports.
- Add helpful sub-columns to your profit-and-loss report (like YTD, percentage of income, etc.).
Tracking Purchases with Your Credit Cards in QBAre you missing out on tax deductions? Avoid common mistakes when tracking business credit cards.
Using business ‘plastic’ comes with QuickBooks reporting responsibility. This one-hour QuickBooks training video will help you stay on track by properly recording transactions, dealing with payments and managing card balance transfers.
- Learn why having a “credit card expense” account is potentially costing you tax deductions.
- Set up credit cards in the chart of accounts and start recording individual transactions properly.
- Deal with partial payments and balance transfers between cards.
- Find out our quick-and-easy way of verifying whether you’re tracking card activity correctly.
How to Use the Budgeting Tools in QuickBooksBuild a better budget for your business using simple QuickBooks tools.
Are you making the most of your QuickBooks budgeting tools? Our 60-minute QuickBooks training video will help you create a new budget from scratch or using prior data, learn to use time-saving tools, and regularly track your progress so you can measure your success.
- Create a new budget in QuickBooks from scratch or with prior data.
- Take advantage of time-saving data entry tools in the budgeting window.
- Learn to run a budget vs. actual report, and export reports to Excel.
- Watch how you can create a budget vs. actual graph.
Tracking Jobs and Projects in QuickBooksKeep better track of business activity in QuickBooks. Make Jobs and Projects functions part of your comfort zone.
Whether you’re creating a job from scratch or posting payroll, learn how to make the Jobs and Projects functions of QuickBooks work for your business. You’ll start by learning the difference between customers and jobs, and during the 70-minute QuickBooks training video, you’ll grow more comfortable with these functions and more.
- Create a new job from scratch, and categorize jobs.
- Generate a job estimate, and assign income and expenses to jobs.
- Understand how job tracking works.
- Review various job reports, and track time by job.
- Post payroll to jobs (if not using QuickBooks payroll service).
- Learn how to deal with job estimates vs. actual reports.
Inventory Training VideosLearn the ins and outs of inventory in this QuickBooks training series.
About Scott Gregory, QuickBooks Specialist and CPA…
Scott provides a wide variety of QuickBooks solutions and profit improvement techniques to his clients
in a relaxed yet very informative manner. No “accountant-speak” here!
He is a:
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor (for 10 years!)
- Certified QuickBooks Enterprise ProAdvisor (since Enterprise was created!)
- Certified in Integrated Resource Management (CIRM) from the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
“When you teach or speak about QB, people get it…you have a real gift with this subject matter”